Are you looking for a toddler smoothie cup that is easy to use and clean? I have tried so many toddler cups, so let me help you narrow down the research and choose the best smoothie cup for your toddler – the first time. Plus, I will give you tips on what to look for when choosing the best smoothie cup for your toddler.
Ok, I’ll go into more detail about my top choices below, but first I have to share my absolute favorite with you – Elk & Friends Glass cups. This versatile cup is great for any beverage – smoothie included. We use ours every day….all day long.
3 Best Smoothie Cups for Toddler
What Features to Look for in a Toddler Smoothie Cup
There are a few features in a toddler smoothie cup that are important to consider before making your decision. Here are the things I considered when searching for the best smoothie cup for toddlers and young kids.
- Straws – First, I prefer toddler straw cups to sippy cups. You can read more about that here. Here are some other things to consider in straws,
- Size: The straw needs to be big enough to allow smoothies to come out easily. Since a smoothie is a thicker beverage a thin straw like the one that is in this Foogo cup wouldn’t be great for a smoothie (although I love it for water.)
- Straw Stopper: My favorite Elk & Friends cups have been updated to now include a straw stopper so your toddler can’t pull the straw out. This is a great feature because 1-year-olds love to pull out their straws.
- Leakproof – While my favorite smoothie cups are not necessarily leakproof if dumped upside down, they are resistant to leakage when tipped from side to side.
- Easy to clean – Smoothies can make a sticky mess and for any toddler cup I only want the ones that break down quickly and are easy to clean. We have had water bottles and cups in the past with hidden crevices that seem prone to growing bacteria.
- Lids – Young toddlers especially need lids on their smoothies. I can give a smoothie to my 3-year-old in any cup with just a silicone straw and he will be fine, but my 1 year old needs a lid.
- Not Plastic – If you read my big round-up on the best cups for toddlers, you know I prefer cups made of stainless steel, glass, or silicone. I don’t like my kids to drink out of plastic, which is actually the recommendation of the AAP though many do not realize it.
Do you have a favorite toddler cup?
I hope this helps you find a great straw smoothie cup for your toddler. Please feel free to drop your toddler’s favorite cup in the comments below if you have one.
Also, if you are looking for a good green smoothie recipe to try with your toddler, I love this apple cider green smoothie for winning them over.
Other Helpful Toddler Feeding Resources
Best Straw Cups for Toddlers – I go beyond the best smoothie cup for toddlers in this post to talk about the 10 best cups for toddlers whether for travel or home use.