Instant Pot Italian Beef = Incredibly EASY and delicious COMFORT FOOD.
When I was pregnant last year I found myself craving beef. In general, I usually choose chicken or vegetarian meals, but beef tasted so good to me when other meats just didn’t. At the very end of my pregnancy, I started to crave Italian Beef. At 38 weeks I went to the grocery store specifically to get a roast for dinner that night. Unfortunately, the pickings were slim and I ended up spending half my grocery budget on the roast (I kid, but it was expensive.) I made Instant Pot Italian Beef that night and it was worth every single penny. My husband was thrilled to have a comfort food dinner and it definitely hit the spot to me too.
Years ago, my mom would make Italian shredded beef in the crockpot. I always loved it! While a lot of recipes have store-bought packets of Italian dressing, this one doesn’t. Instead, I just add in some Italian seasoning and onion powder. I think these two additional ingredients give it plenty of flavor along with the beef broth, peppers, and garlic!
Instant Pot Italian Beef is perfect because it can be ready within a couple of hours instead of needing to cook all day in the slow-cooker, but is still a pretty hands-off meal! It makes a great instant pot meal prep recipe as it saves in the fridge or freezer really well and is perfect eaten as leftovers.
My family loves to eat it with toasted bread or buns lightly grilled on a skillet. It’s also delicious served with sweet potato rounds or even sweet potato fries. And, of course, we almost always serve it with a delicious salad on the side to bulk up the nutrition! ?
Easy Instant Pot Italian Beef
Instant Pot Italian Beef
- 2 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 2.5-3.5 lb Beef Roast
- 12-16 oz sliced pepperoncini or banana peppers plus half the liquid
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Heat olive oil on sauté function in your Instant Pot. Add roast and brown on all sides (approx 4 min per side.)
- After browning turn pot to off and add remaining ingredients. Close pot, ensuring valve is closed. Set to meat/stew for 90 minutes.
- Allow a natural pressure release until the valve unlocks. Carefully remove the lid.
- Remove beef from Instant Pot and shred with a fork. Use additional juice/sauce to pour onto the meat for flavoring as desired.